Massage Therapy Supports
You can benefit in a number of ways by adding massage therapy
to your chiropractic care program.
- Recovery is normally faster and more complete when you
address multiple components of your pain.
- Chiropractic adjustment proceeds more easily when soft
tissue has been relaxed with massage.
- You will be more relaxed and able to receive greater benefit
from your adjustment after a soothing massage.
- Adjustments frequently last longer when muscle tension
is released that might otherwise pull your joints out of
If you are seeking massage therapy for pain but find your
pain persists, recurs, or even worsens after your massage,
chiropractic could help in these ways.
- If your pain involves a subluxation, your adjustment gives
immediate restoration of alignment and mobility.
- You may find that surrounding soft tissue heals quickly
once it is no longer subjected to the stress of misaligned
- The joint movement in chiropractic adjustments can sometimes
relax deep layers of soft tissue that can be difficult to
reach with massage.
- Your chiropractor can use x-rays and manual diagnostic
techniques to evaluate other possible causes for your pain
and can make appropriate referrals when necessary.